07 October 2011

Beautiful Demoiselle

male Beautiful Demoiselle (c) J. Driscoll
A little bit of a late posting but Jeff Driscoll has just sent me a few photos of Beautiful Demoiselles that he found on the Swansea Canal at Ynysmeudwy lower lock back in August. He also notes that there were particularly good numbers of them at this location, estimating between 20 and 30! Having only seen my first one of these this year I'll be paying this location a visit next year for certain.
female Beautiful Demoiselle (c) Jeff Driscoll
For more like these check out the link the link below

VC41 Dragonfly Blog

2 comments:

i.f.tew said...

This has long been their stronghold around here but I've also seen them in the Clyne Valley although the tree canopy closing over won't have helped there probably. They were also up near Pontardulais as well from what I remember.

Rhianne said...

Absolutely stunning images.

I'm very impressed with the exceptionally high standard of content on your blog Barry ... I appreciate the time and effort involved in keeping it full and fresh!

I wonder if you might agree to sharing it with a wider audience by adding a 'Sharing Widget' button?

Thanks again for all the hard work, it is much appreciated.