13 November 2011

Lots of Yellowhammers

Yellowhammer at Common Cliff
 It was a real treat to have so many Yellowhammers whilst walking a loop from Overton around Paviland Farm and back again today. The biggest group were sheltering out of the wind in the bushes at Foxhole Slade. There were 21 here and elsewhere along the walk three, twos and a few singles.
Chiffchaff at Paviland Farm
Nothing too out of the ordinary throughout the walk but nice stuff popping up here and there. The Chiffchaff shown above was in the bushes near Paviland farm and struggled for some time with a beetle that I thought was more suited to a shrike's diet than a Chiffchaff's! Other notable stuff included 11 Golden Plover, 2 Lapwing, 1Snipe, 200+ Skylark, 1 Goldcrest, 1 Dartford Warbler, 3 Chough, 50+ Chaffinch and 9 Reed Bunting

1 comment:

Dennis Russ said...

Just stumbled upon your site via a link from wildlifewales.co.uk
Nice site you got and I must make a note in my diary to visit these places along the Gower Coast that I have not visited in years. Maybe then, I might capture some of these birds I have not yet seen.
Keep up the Good work.
Dennis