15 May 2011

Day Listing Neath Port Talbot

Tree Pipit
 I day listed NPT yesterday ie tried to record as many different species within the boundaries of the county inside a 24hr period. I was a long and physically exhausting day visiting a number of sites but, I was pleased in the end to record 91 species. Tree Pipit made me work for the tick and I had to revisit a nest site that I had found during the week to included it.
Tree Pipit nest
I visited 12 different sites yesterday and would probably gone on a bit longer had the wind not got up so much at the end. It was interesting that of the 91 species recorded, only 25 of them came after 09:00. There were a few annoying absentees from the day which included Sparrowhawk, Kestrel, Bar-tailed Godwit, Dipper, Goldcrest and Treecreeper. If you would like to see the day's list in full and the sites with the times the birds were recorded please follow the link below.

NPT Day List 14 May 2011

No comments: